St Teresa’s Prep School is dedicated to providing the very best in Physical Education. This is reflected in our outstanding sporting facilities. We aim to promote good health and fitness and to encourage our pupils to develop an understanding of the place of physical activity in everyday life. Children are encouraged to participate fully in all forms of physical activity and to develop those qualities which contribute to the development of a competent, well-balanced individual.
The progression of knowledge and skills continues into Upper Prep lessons, where pupils develop a greater understanding of performance in sporting activities through their weekly PE lesson and a games lesson. In addition, all pupils benefit from a weekly swimming lesson in our superb heated indoor pool.
To complement and extend the curriculum content, we provide all children with the opportunity to take part in our diverse extra-curricular programme consisting of individual and team activities. These currently include:
- Rounders (seasonal)
- Tennis, Gymnastics
- Football, Horse Riding
- Tap Dance
- Modern Dance
- Cross Country Running
Physical education provides pupils with the opportunities to:
- become skilful and intelligent performers
- acquire and develop skills
- perform with an increasing physical competence and confidence in a broad range of physical activities and contexts
- learn how to select and apply skills and tactics
- develop their ideas in a creative way
- set targets for themselves and compete against others in a healthy environment
- understand what it takes to succeed
Pupils at St Teresa’s Prep School are able to compete in a number of sporting fixtures and competitions. We have won many awards and trophies for our sporting accomplishments in a variety of sports across the board.
The St Teresa’s Tennis Academy (ESTA) opened in February 2014. Find out more…