Sporting Life at St Teresa’s
Sport is an integral part of life at St Teresa’s, where every girl has the opportunity to train and compete for their school. Through recent years we have proven ourselves as a competitive sporting school, competing among the best in the country. “St Teresa’s voted top 30 independent sports schools in the country” by School Sports Magazine 2019.
We are also proud to see many of our girls represent their district, county and national squads in a variety of sports.
“St Teresa’s is a sporting hub of excellence. We believe that every girl has the potential to be an outstanding athlete if given the opportunity.” Miss D Still—Director of Sport.
- The school benefits from outstanding facilities, including:
- An indoor 25m Swimming Pool.
- A well-equipped fitness suite to facilitate our strength and conditioning sessions.
- A floodlit, sand dressed, full sized astro turf pitch.
- 3 Floodlit Netball courts.
- 6 Floodlit Tennis courts.
- An Indoor hockey regulation sized sports hall which also caters for netball, badminton, 5-a-side and mini tennis.
Sports on offer
The girls have 3 PE lessons a week in which they participate in Netball, Hockey, Swimming, Badminton, Football, Gymnastics, Dance, Health Related Fitness, Orienteering, Tennis, Athletics, Cricket and Rounders.
We aim to develop a lifelong commitment to a healthy lifestyle and offer a wider breadth of sports for our KS4 and KS5 lessons which include Yoga, Zumba, Water Polo, Spinning sessions, Strength and Conditioning, to name a few.
Teams and Training
St Teresa’s has strong squads in Netball, Hockey and Swimming who train regularly throughout the week. We offer skills sessions within our sports, as well as strength and conditioning sessions for our athletes.
We recognise the development of women’s football and cricket, which is fast becoming a popular addition to our squad training. We are lucky enough to have links with Chelsea Football Club who offer weekly training sessions to our girls.
Sporting Achievements and Scholarships
“We have a strong succession of St Teresa’s girls who are chosen for their National Age Group and Performance Centre standard Hockey. We are becoming a formidable force in the Hockey world, both indoor and outdoor. With fantastic results in the ISHC and England Hockey leagues. I am proud to see many of our students go on to represent their National squads. ”
Miss D Still — Director of Sport.
- The PE department consists of specialist teachers and coaches, many of whom have played at national or regional level in their respective sports.
- An example of some of the sporting talent at St Teresa’s:
- Federation Equestre Internationale (FEI) GB Squad Show Jumping 1.40m
- Super league Netballers—Surrey Storm and Pulse
- National Level Netballers – Ireland Netball U19
- NAGS level hockey U16 and U18
- Performance centre level hockey U17 and U15
- Country Level Cross Country runners
- National and Regional Swimmers in various events and age groups
- World Championships Obstacle racing 3rd place
- County Netballers at U13 and U15
- British Dressage GB team Youth Rider member
Scholarships are available in Netball, Hockey, Swimming, Tennis and Equestrian disciplines. We are proud to help our scholars develop through regular strength and conditioning training, guest lectures with top athletes, nutritionists, top coaches and others in their sporting fields.
For more information on our scholarships and how to apply please email: firstname.lastname@example.org